Friday, July 24, 2015

4th of July!

Wishing you all a belated Happy 4th of July! So I tried to get a nice picture of the kids on the 4th of July...Was I successful? What do you think?





At least Caleb decided to be a willing participant :) Maybe next year...

The 4th of July in Northwood is always a fun occasion (even if Aubrey just looked like I was torturing her). We headed over to Grandma Teresa's in the morning, so we would be ready for the parade to pass by her house. Just like the week before Caleb spent much of the time with his hands on his ears. Since Teresa's house is at the start of the parade, and we had 3 kids sitting with us we got a ton of candy! (And the adults were the ones mostly picking it up!)

After the parade we headed to the backyard for some fun outside. The kids played on the swing set, with bubbles, and in all types of water. (It was so hot!) Then we enjoyed a yummy lunch and some more fun. Caleb was having too much fun to take a nap, so we pushed on through the afternoon with more playing outside.

After the exhausting and fun-filled day, we headed back to our house. Caleb took a shower and then fell asleep on the couch with a snack in his hand and a cartoon on TV. So for the 3rd year in a row we missed the fireworks. I don't think Caleb would have enjoyed it though since he has such an aversion to loud noises.

It was a fun and (mostly) successful 4th of July!

Ready for the parade to start.

Caleb's ready...

Daddy and Aubrey are too.

He did enjoy the Shriners.

Water fun to stay cool!

Staying hydrated.
Watch out for water balloons.

"Fireworks!"

Finding coins in the pool.

Teamwork :)

Snack time to refuel!

I just love to hear Aubrey's little giggle! I remember how Teresa used to do this with Caleb too, and he thought it was just the funniest thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment