Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Week at Grandma Marjean's (Part 1)

Well, Matt went to Canada fishing for a week with Dale and a group of other men, so Caleb and I headed back to Manson for a week. Before we left, Caleb and I spent a lot of time watching the Olympics and cheering on team USA! Caleb is also getting much stronger and enjoys sitting up in his Bumbo.

Caleb cheering for the USA in beach volleyball.

Enjoying his Bumbo.

 We didn't know when the trip was planned that our trip back would include moving Grandma Marjean's stuff out of her house in Manson so my cousin Leah and her family could move in, but it was well overdue. It was fun reminiscing going through all of my childhood toys and clothes. We did a lot of other things when we were home too...

Saturday we went and saw Nolan who had just gotten back from Rochester. He was full of smiles!! Sunday we went to Great Grandma Ruth's for Sunday dinner and enjoyed the nice weather outside. Then we headed over to Manson to Uncle Adam's and Aunt Sarah's for Nolan's welcome home party. It was a beautiful day, and we had a wonderful meal with some awesome smoked pork.

Swinging at Great Grandma Ruth's house.

Enjoying the weather at Nolan's Welcome Home Party.

Nolan was still sleepy from his afternoon nap.
Great Grandma Ruth, Nolan, and Landon.

Monday Great Grandma Ruth stopped over for a quick visit and some snuggle time. Then Grandma Marjean, Caleb, and I went to Fort Dodge and did some clearance shopping. I got some new clothes for work, and we bought some clothes for Caleb for next summer.

Caleb trying out the jumperoo at Grandma Marjean's.

Caleb enjoying snuggle time with Great Grandma Ruth.
Tuesday we spent the entire day in Manson packing and sorting through all of our stuff at the house. It was a warm and busy day, so by 7:00 pm Abbie, Ella, and I finally headed to Twin Lakes and went for a quick swim. (I guess Grandma Marjean has most of the pictures from those days.)


No comments:

Post a Comment