Caleb made his first appearance at a Ramthun Reunion this year in Estes Park, Colorado. We left Wednesday afternoon, stayed overnight in Grand Island, Nebraska, and made it to Estes Park around 4:00 Thursday afternoon. Most of the time in Estes Park was spent hanging out at the cabins with family, but we also went on a couple of little adventures.
 |
| Our little cabin. |
 |
| View from the campground. |
 |
| Hanging out at Sarah and Adam's cabin. |
 |
| Caleb saying hi to Nolan. |
Friday morning Sarah, Nolan, Landon, Grandpa Dennis, Matt, Caleb, and I did some shopping in downtown Estes Park while a small group of the family went on a hike of the Twin Sisters. Later that evening of Friday the 13th Matt and I went on a tour of the Stanley hotel (in the movie The Shining) with about 15 of our family members. I enjoyed the historical part of the tour while most of the family had fun attempting to scare out a ghost. (Sorry we didn't take any pictures of our adventures at the Stanley.)
 |
| Taking a break from shopping. |
 |
| In downtown Estes Park. |
 |
| Tired after shopping. |
 |
| Caleb swinging with mom and dad. |
Saturday morning Matt, Caleb, Adam, Nolan, Landon, Great Grandpa Ron, Grandpa Dennis, and I went on Old Fall River Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's a one-way gravel road that leads up to a visitors center. The boys all loved it, and I only got nervous a couple of times...I enjoyed the ride back down a lot more because we were on a nice 2 lane paved road. In the afternoon I stayed with Caleb while Matt and a bunch of others rode a tram up a mountain in Estes Park to get another breath-taking view of the Rockies.
 |
| Stopping on the gravel road to check out the views. |
 |
| Cousins Nolan and Landon with Uncle Adam and Grandpa Dennis. |
 |
| Caleb spent most of the trip up and down the mountains sleeping. |
 |
| Matt and I almost to the top. |
 |
| Looking at some elk. |
 |
| The stroller brigade at the top! |
 |
| Our family! |
Sunday morning we woke up early and made it all the way back to Northwood in one day! Caleb did a wonderful job riding in the car and only had a couple of minor meltdowns considering the twelve and a half hour drive he endured. We had an amazing time catching up with family and introducing Caleb to the group. We are already looking forward to figuring out where the next reunion will be and what adventures we will be able to explore!
We had fun on vacation with you guys. So happy our kids will grow up together! Thanks for making the trip out there, it wouldn't have been the same without you guys. See you soon I hope!
ReplyDelete