Well the wait is over! Our DAUGHTER was born last weekend. I started having contractions Friday night (the 8th) and by 2:30 am on Saturday I woke Matt up to tell him we needed to head to the hospital. Teresa came over to stay at the house with Caleb, and Matt and I headed to Mason City to the hospital. We arrived just after 3:00 am, and I was admitted and settled into the labor and delivery room by 3:30. My nurse looked at me and said this baby is going to be out soon!
I was hooked up to machines, and they asked if I wanted an epidural. I said yes I think I do, but an hour later it was too late to get one. Aubrey Jean Johnson made her debut on August 9th at 5:10 am weighing in at 8 pounds 2.8 ounces and 20 inches long. We became a happy family of 4! (Aubrey decided to join us just like her brother had...have mom go into labor at night so she and daddy wouldn't get any sleep :)
We had a group of visitors that first day in the hospital. Grandma Marjean arrived first (I think she left as soon as I told her I was in labor and heading to the hospital!) followed by Grandma Teresa, Great Grandma Betty, Aunt Jessie, and proud big brother Caleb. Caleb isn't a huge fan of hospitals, but he gave his new little sister a kiss on her forehead. It was so precious! Next Grandpa Dennis, Linda, and Uncle Houston stopped by to meet little miss Aubrey. Later in the afternoon Uncle Jay, Grandma Teresa, and big brother Caleb stopped by again. By the end of day we were exhausted and hoped for a good night's sleep, but Aubrey wasn't quite ready for bed.
By day two in the hospital we were still running on low sleep but high on adrenaline! We didn't have quite as many visitors and enjoyed the relative "quiet" with Aubrey. By Monday at noon we were heading out the door to pick up Caleb and head home as a family of 4!
 |
| She's HERE! |
 |
| Grandma Marjean arrived before we left the labor and delivery room :) |
 |
| Mommy, Daddy, and Aubrey! |
 |
| Big brother Caleb giving his new little sister a kiss |
 |
| Grandma Teresa and Aubrey... |
 |
| Great Grandma Betty and Aubrey... |
 |
| Aunt Jessie and Aubrey... |
 |
| Grandma Marjean and Aubrey... |
 |
| Daddy and Aubrey... |
 |
| Grandpa Dennis and Aubrey... |
 |
| and Linda... |
 |
| and Uncle Houston... |
 |
| A not so happy Aubrey :) |
 |
| and Uncle Jay... |
 |
| First picture as a family of 4! |
 |
| Caleb checking out his new sis. |
 |
| Our bright eyed baby girl! |
 |
| Proud big brother! |
 |
| Ready to be discharged by waiting for a fire alarm to be turned off so we can use the elevators! |
 |
| Bundled and ready to go! |
 |
| First diaper change at home :) |
 |
| Big brother Caleb's turn to hold his little sis! |
 |
| Say cheese! If you notice we told him to hold her head...so he literally held her head :) |
 |
| Checking out his new sister... |
 |
| Daddy and his kiddos relaxing on the couch! |
We are so blessed!! Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support. We are learning to adjust to being a family of four. And we are excited to introduce Aubrey to all of our family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment