The weekend started off with a sweet delivery!! Matt ordered Sharri's Berries (chocolate covered strawberries) that arrived from the FedEx man just as I got home from work. I selfishly enjoyed most of them, but I did share a few with my family. Aubrey became addicted. Every time I opened up the refrigerator for the rest of the weekend, Aubrey would stand in front of the door then cry and whine wanting another strawberry.
Caleb made a card at preschool and gave it to me Sunday morning. The kids had also made hand print flowers at daycare, so they gave me those too. We went to church with the hopes that maybe Caleb would participate and sing in church with his preschool class. No such luck. This time he sat in the front while all the other kids sang, but he did play his wooden sticks for one of the songs. (I'll take it as a Mother's day win!) After Sunday school, we picked up Caleb and headed out to enjoy time at Aunt Jessie and Uncle Dave's.
We spent the early afternoon playing with Grandma Teresa, Great Grandma Betty, Uncle Jay, Aunt Jessie, and cousins Jaxon and Makayla. The kids had so much fun together but by 2:00 they were exhausted, so we headed in to town to get some much needed naps. I enjoyed most of the afternoon outside weeding the flower beds. And then the Mother's day weekend was complete.
I might not have an overly fabulous and exciting life, but I love being a mom. I am so thankful for my little family!! Bring on another year!
 |
| Digging in to the chocolate covered strawberries... |
 |
| I think they liked them :) |
 |
| Swinging on Jaxon and Makayla's new swing set! |
 |
| Aubrey jumping on their new trampoline. |
 |
| Aubrey loved the trampoline! |
 |
| Caleb enjoyed the sandbox. |
 |
| This is Makayla telling me "No pictures" :) |
 |
| Riding off... |
 |
| The golf cart is full... |
 |
| It made the mom's feel better when that ride was over... |
 |
| Trying out the new slide. |
 |
| Caleb and mommy! |
 |
| Getting a ride in the wagon from Aunt Jessie. |
 |
| Aubrey had to try out the swing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment